Classic single wire beverage antenna by OK2ZAW
The beverage is a long wire antenna installed very close to the ground. The antenna should be longer than 1 wavelength and installed at a height of less than 0,05 wavelength above ground. The beverage is usually terminated in a resistance at the end (opposite the feedpoint).
Beverage antennas provide one of the least expensive and most reliable ways to improve DX capabilities on the low frequencies.
More nice informations at web by Bruce "Swede" K1FZ
- RX antenna
Broadband Single directional Low noise Classic or BOGmore info in WiKi Protections- high voltage / current Termination resistaceselectable in three steps 50/75 ohmfeed line - easy jumper switch Common-mode coax chokeincluded
- Electrostatic protection with glim lamps.
- High power protection.
- Stainless screws.
- Quality PTFE SO-239 or F connector or N connector on request.
- IP56 box. Recommended to protect it against standing water and snow.
- Size 10x10 cm (feeder), 5x6 cm (terminator).
- Available as
- Beverage On Ground or classic with wire in the air
- KIT : all parts + PCB + box
- Assembled : ready to use
- Assembled +
insulators for beverage wire (2 + 11)- picture
- PCB : feeder + terminator
Option - Common-mode current choke to hams hack:
Link to CMCC
CMCC 1 to 3 port
Schematic and measurement:
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Eagle CAD files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic