K9AY++ RX antenna system with BPFs, Preamp, Controller and much more
The K9AY is terminated loop. It consists of a wire loop of any convenient shape (diamond, delta, etc), hung from a single support and with a ground rod at the bottom. A 9:1 impedance-matching transformer is connected from one end of the loop to the ground and a terminating resistor is connected the other end of the loop to the ground. This antenna is directional. Favoring signals are arriving from the feed point end. You can also change the antenna far field by changing RLOAD (RTERM) of the loop. This set including the RF feeder box and the controller.
- Low Noise RX antenna
- 4 directions
- Needs small room
- Great for portable operations
- 50/75 ohm feed line version
- Good for phasing more pieces into the array
- PREAMP with variable gain 0 to 18dB
- Three switchable BPFs or BYPASS
- RX protections in feeder and controller
- RX source switch for TX and RX antenna
RF feeder box:
- ONE versions for
- Variable load resistor - RLOAD
- Fixed load resistor - RLOAD
- Easy to set by one JUMPER Manual page
- Common-mode coax choke included.
- High voltage electrostatic protection with neon lamps.
- High power IN/OUT protection with PTC.
- Controlled by RJ-45 UTP CAT-6 cable.
- Stainless screws and nuts.
- Quality PTFE SO-239 connector. N or F connector on request
- IP56 box.
- Size 20x15 cm (feeder).
- Available as
- Assembled product with CONTROLLER - tested
- Universal box for K9AY or 4-way Bi-Dir beverage system
- LED direction indicator 0 or 45 deg. Picture
- Rload variable in 9 steps by the switch on the front panel.
- Three BPFs and Bypass - 4 positions switch on the front panel.
- Preamplifier switch and LED indicator.
- RX SOURCE switch. Selecting TX or RX antenna for receiving. More: Picture and Manual
K9AY++ system includes:
- RF box into the feed point of the ANT loops Picture
- Aluminium holder Picture
- Controller Picture
- DC cable with ferrite tube and two adapters SO-239 to F
- Two adapters SO-239 to F
- Common-mode controller cable choke
- Total parcel weight abt 2 kg
Band Pass Filters characteristic:
Band Pass Filters characteristic with preamplifier:
160m BPF with preamp
80m BPF with preamp
40m BPF with preamp
BYPASS with preamp
|RF BOX Manual in WiKi||WiKi for RF BOX|
|CONTROLLER Manual in WiKi||WiKi for CONTROLLER|
We believe open source is a better way of doing things.
View and download the Shield Schematic and PCB Kicad/Eagle CAD files,
LibreCAD .DXF, or Inkscape .SVG files.
The hardware designs are released under the
Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic